Saturday, June 22, 2013

What If?

What If??

What if can be a question that haunts us the rest of our lives, filled with regret, loss, and sorrow. What if I would have taken a risk in my career path? What if I would have just asked her out? What if I would have answered the phone? What if I would have known my biological parents? What if I would have just checked Brown 84 earlier in the Class 4 State semifinal and threw a potential game winning touchdown to my best friend #80? (Yep, I still think about this. I'd be more than willing to partake in a rematch, ya damn Webbies) What if cancer wasn't real? What if Grandpa didn't take his own life? What if I tried just one more time?What if I chose a different major? What if I never find true love? What if life never does turn out the way I dreamed?..


What if? What if is a question I have been asking myself a lot lately. I've learned in some instances it can be a great question to ask. It can be a question bursting with potential, full of mystery. Most importantly, it can be a question that awakens great hope and desire within us. What if I find my dream job? What if we find true love? What if Alex Smith resurrects the Kansas City Chiefs? (I'm already talkin PLAYOFFFFS???!) What if our hard work pays off? What if we cured cancer? What if God really does love us? What if we get to go on that extravagant vacation? What if the 16 finally beats the 1 seed in March? What if we really did live life to the fullest?


You know the drill, the What If's go on and on. There are plenty of What Ifs in our lives, and they can bring our hearts a variety of messages. It's my personal experience that the messages of our What If's have potential to drastically change our lives. Focusing on the regret filled What If's of our days, will simply cause us to lose the heart we desperately need to believe in the What If's that make our souls leap for joy.


I reckon I'll share with you all some of my very favorite What If's. The questions in my own life that bring me great joy and inspire me to keep pursuing a full life. I do this in hopes that you would find your own favorite What If's, and in doing so that you too would find great joy and life to the full.


So here's to forgetting about the What If's that break our hearts to pieces, and embracing the ones that put them back together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment